Cap and Trade is a simple yet powerful system to help companies manage SO2, NOx and GHG allowances and credits associated with:
- USEPA Acid Rain Program SO2
- USEPA Transit Rule Annual and Seasonal NOx
- USEPA Transport Rule SO2
- California and Quebec GHG programs
Immediately understand your position regarding year-to-date emissions and year end forecast emissions. Future year and compliance period positions can also be monitored.
The Cap and Trade position dashboard makes it easy for a company to see what has been spent on compliance instruments versus what has been recovered from auction proceeds and emission adders on power sales. All financial information flows to various accounting reports.
Cap and Trade is designed to support the typical tasks required by company staff from tracking limited use holding accounts and managing the auction process to forecasting end of year position and managing the retirement process. Various reports help staff assure there are no surprises and that management stays informed.
Users can instantly reconcile the allowance inventories managed by Cap and Trade and the EPA registry. Allowances in either system and not in the other are immediately identified to support compliance. Allowance information in any transaction can be downloaded from or uploaded to the EPA registry using xml formats. The team can support your business processes but also inform about various approaches for accounting and retirement.
The Compliance Instrument Tracking System Service (CITSS) is the registry name for compliance instruments issued through participating Western Climate Initiative (WCI) cap-and-trade programs. Cap and Trade is designed to support the information needs of companies participating in WCI and other trading programs.
Managing the details of your compliance instrument portfolio is a complicated process with big consequences for a failure to comply. Cap and Trade simplifies the process by providing the necessary capabilities you need to handle the unique aspects of emissions allowances, offsets, compliance periods, etc. Your enterprise can realize significant benefits using Cap and Trade.
Detailed tracking of each compliance instrument transaction is fundamental to successful portfolio management. Cap and Trade automates the transaction entry process and provides transparent access to a transaction registry and various inventory reports.
Cap and Trade provides detailed reporting of accounting information to support your accounting department requests. Use the xOverTime Extension for Cap and Trade to allow them to access accounting information when they need it without exposing them to other aspects of Cap and Trade.
xOverTime senior staff have experience with emissions trading programs across the globe. The familiarity ranges from the early USEPA Acid Rain Program in the 1990s, through the EU Emissions Trading Scheme in the 2000s, and more recently the USEPA Transport Rule and California AB32 GHG program. The team can support your business processes but also assist on various methods for accounting and retirement.
Cap and Trade takes advantage of the xOverTime cloud database for storing data. This approach delivers the following benefits for Cap and Trade users:
- A central secure database storing all the data supporting Cap and Trade, including the compliance instrument portfolio, accounting information and emissions information.
- Better control how data is distributed to various parts of the company including allowing controlled access for management, facility, subsidiary and co-owners where requested. Privileged users can download just the data they need that was shared with them whenever they want.
- Deliver focused management reports which are available via the web or in Excel, refreshed automatically from the xOverTime database.
- Deliver data in an automated way to systems in other departments such as Accounting or Operation.
- More easily accept input from various departments by providing specific input forms which do not provide them access to other portfolio information.